For ABRN 2014-01
- I have been working in the Auto Body Industry for over 30 years.
- I have worked as a body-man helper, painter helper, painter, estimator, jobber sales rep, jobber location manager, operations manager and general manager for multiple location jobbers, and now with my own company J. Hunter & Associates.
- I am a current I-CAR instructor (mainly refinish courses, but also appraisal, cycle time and safety). I have held (no longer current) a California teaching credential, and have taught high school auto body repair (ROP program).
- I have been involved the local chapter of the California Autobody Association, serving as board member and chapter vice president.
- I have concentrated my efforts and continued learning in the areas of:
- Lean Material Management.
- Environmental Protection.
- Work Place Safety.
Jim Compton, owner and General Manager of J. Hunter & Associates, has worked in the auto body industry for over 30 years. He has a special interest in the areas of lean material management, environmental protection and work place safety. He has served as a board member and Vice President of his local chapter of the California Auto Body Association, and he has taught Auto Body Repair to students of various skill levels.