Mark Claypool has worked in the fields of online web presence, marketing, occupational mentoring, training, workforce development and business education partnerships for over 30 years. As an AMI accredited automotive manager, he has founded four companies, two non-profits and one foundation in his career. He is currently the Chairman and CEO of Optima Automotive.
Mr. Claypool has a degree in Education from the University of Illinois (where he was an All-American in track and field). His career includes the following:
- Executive Director of the co-ed Career Exploring Division of the Boy Scouts of America in the Chicago area and Finance Director of the Detroit Area Council
- National Director of Development of SkillsUSA/VICA, team leader of Business/Education Partnerships team
- Executive Director, I-CAR Education Foundation
- Executive Director, National Auto Body Council (NABC)
- Co-Founder of the Collision Industry Foundation
- Founder, Mentors at Work Apprenticeship system
- Co-Founder, SOP MD Standard Operating System
- Coordinator, CCAR Automotive Career Education Day
- Vice President of Operations, VeriFacts Automotive
- Director of Business Development, Metro Paint Supplies
- Founder, Optima Automotive and Optima Social Media
- Contributing Editor and Monthly Columnist for BodyShop Business Magazine
- Axalta Certified Consultant
- Certified CE Trainer for Insurance Company Reps
Currently, as CEO of Optima Automotive, Mr. Claypool oversees the organization’s web presence management services that include:
- Website development and design
- Search engine optimization
- Social media management of Google+, Facebook and Twitter
- Reputation management
- Search engine marketing (pay-per-click)
- Online competitor analysis/corporate espionage
- SOP development, extraction and customization
Mr. Claypool consults in areas such as web presence management, human resources, organizational development and marketing.
Mark J. Claypool, AAM
Consulting and Workshops
Mark Claypool provides the following workshops and can do onsite consulting in each of these areas:
Web Presence Management Workshop- (4 hours)
If your business is going to have an online presence, it’s NOT enough just to have a website. Your site needs to be truly effective and bring you prospects. It needs to be searchable by people looking online for the products/services you provide, not just searching for you by name. Your presence needs to be supported by effective participation on social media. And, most importantly, it needs to convert website/social media visitors into customers. This in-depth, highly acclaimed workshop will get into great detail on each of the above. An enhanced workshop is available as well where participants can work on their own social media accounts live, and add the claiming of Yelp, Google+, CitySearch and Manta sites as well.
Effective Social Media Management For Business- (2 hours)
Social media is all about branding. This workshop will help you represent your brand effectively and how to use this as the foundation to build upon. Regular posting of quality content is crucial. We’ll cover, in detail, what that means. Strategies for gaining fans and followers will be discussed in great detail as well.
Effective Website Design- (1 Hour)
A snapshot portion of the full Web Presence Management workshop that focuses only on the elements of an effective website.
Reputation Management- (1 hour)
A single poor review posted online can hurt your reputation if not handled properly. Learn how to promote positive reviews and respond to negative reviews in this important workshop.
Pay Per Click Marketing- (1 hour)
Is your website not on page one when the public searches by the most common terms used to find the services your business provides? Then effective sponsored listings on Google, Bing and Facebook might be just the ticket to reach potential customers that your online presence might not have given you otherwise. Learn how to set up and manage these accounts.
Standard Operating Procedure Development and Implementation- (1 hour)
Learn how to become systems dependent rather than people dependent. Learn exactly what an SOP looks like, how to develop them and get true, in-shop, day-to-day implementation.
Workforce Development/Apprenticeship- (2 Hours)
Tired of losing 8 out of 10 new hires? An apprenticeship system can help you be more effective in developing the workforce you’ll need to be competitive 5 and 10 years from now. Mark Claypool’s apprenticeship system has been recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Learn all the elements of effective apprenticeship in this workshop.
CE Credit Training For Insurance Agents-
Mark Claypool is certified in Illinois, Indiana and Colorado to provide CE training
in the following seminars:
- Insuring Hybrids
- Insuring Teens
- Refinishing Today
- Setting Policy Holder Expectations
- Theft and Fraud
These seminars are reserved for host shops that spray Axalta brand paints.